POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Animation Plugin : Re: Animation Plugin Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Plugin
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 14 Feb 2000 12:40:53
Message: <38A84028.A4F5FCF3@mitre.org>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Figured I better go ahead and bring this up here.
> The IK Keyframing isn't able to do multiple segments in one run apparently.

I have a feeling that I'm going to need more information to really
understand the problem here.  To make sure that I both understand what's
happening (bug fix stuff), as well as what you really want to do
(features), I might need a real step by step description.

> I've managed a work around by doing separate segments where I right-click on the
> Key button before beginning the next part and choosing Delete/Scene keys.  That
> way it starts fresh where the objects left off from the previous run.

Are you trying to go from one point in time to another, yet keep an
object in it's current orientation/position?  If that's all, then hold
down the Shift key as you move the time slider.  No interpolation will
occur.  When you get to the point in time you want to start things at,
force a key (or keys) at that point.  Did I forget to add that in the
docs (it may be under the place that talks about copying keys)?

If you are just using IK in the process of building an animation, then I
really need more info.  I've had no problems playing with Lutz's robot
arm & IK to do little animations.

Xander